BootsnAll Travel Network



Houston, the Eagle has landed

Spent most of the day at NASA’s Johnson Space Center, just south of Houston. Admission was kinda steep, but because of the bad weather there weren’t a lot of people there. Manned space exploration has always fascinated me from the time I was a little kid watching “Star Trek” and “Battlestar Galactica.” I can still remember when I was a sixth grader at Hosford Middle School when one of my teachers, Mrs. Newby, started crying because of the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster. Here are some cool things that I learned that I now share with you!!

* The average cost for an astronaut’s space suit is 12 million dollars.

* Launches occur at Cape Canaveral in Florida, but after lift off Mission Control is at Johnson Space Center.

* Mars exploration isn’t rocket science; the real problem is the limitations of the human body and the effects of zero gravity on bone mass, muscle, etc.

* The International Space Station is a collaboration of 16 nations that should be completed by 2010. The space station orbits the earth 16 times a day, and can be seen by the naked eye.

* It’s now 12:3oam, and I can’t think or remember anything else, so that’s it for now….



Tags:

0 responses to “Houston, the Eagle has landed”

  1. Jonas says:

    I heard that mixing high fructose corn syrup into your gas tank really improves fuel economy in cars. You should try it out while you’re in Houston… but only in Houston though.

  2. Mike says:

    No no, it is sugar in Alabama not fructose corn syrup in Houston. Everyone mixes that up. Like starve a cold, feed a fever, sheesh, kids.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *