BootsnAll Travel Network



Made It

After 24 straight hours of being on a plane or waiting in the airport to get an another plane, (and lots of shameless begging at the Lufthansa counter in Chicago), I made it to Moscow. A nice gentleman who splits his time between driving a taxi and working for the Russian mafia (I’m pretty sure he was kidding, Mom) gave myself and 2 other girls stranded at the Moscow airport at midnight a ride to our hostels. I’m staying at the Napoleon hostel, which is apparently where Napolean stayed when he was giving Russia trouble in the early 1800’s.

Coming over the hill to see Red Square before me, illuminated and brilliant in the night, made the awful trip here worth it, though. I’m now starving, dehydrated, and about the meet my friends for some nourishment and a little stroll around the city. Pictures coming soon.



Tags: , , , ,

0 responses to “Made It”

  1. Scott says:

    I heard that Napolean hated it there and he made the hotel staff so miserable with his constant complaining and his frequent orders of creamy food and pastries from room service that the maids short-sheeted his bed — but he didn’t notice!

    Ben sent me a text message from Dusseldorf. Yah!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *