BootsnAll Travel Network



I can’t say they didn’t warn me

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Everything hurts. Everything. The first day I arrived at the Kung Fu training center, the two cheery German boys across the hall from me told me on day 4 of the first week, I’d want to die. Today is my fourth day and it’s actually much better than yesterday when I really did want to die.

Training begins at 6:00am. We train for an hour, eat breakfast, take a short break, and then train again from 9:00am – 11:40. After lunch and a long break we train from 4:00pm-6:40 pm. On Tuesdays and Thursdays we train for another hour from 7:50pm-8:50pm. Then it’s lights out at 9:30pm. This is my schedule for the next month. Everyday except Sunday.

The living conditions are… rustic… but we’re moving to a fancier school tomorrow. The school we are at now will be bulldozed to the ground by August 5th so a public road can be built. Presently half of the buildings are torn down, so there’s rubble and garbage everywhere. It really is a pretty extreme situation and definitely a challenge.

The training is difficult. Really. These people aren’t playing around. There are hundreds of Chinese students that stay and train for years and about 60 foreign students that stay and train anywhere from one week to one year. I am one of 5 or 6 girls. It’s only for a month, and I hear everything is great after the first week, which everyone agrees is a very painful week.



Tags: , , , ,

11 responses to “I can’t say they didn’t warn me”

  1. matt says:

    ur goin to be able to kick Zrs ass when you get here 🙂

    hehe

  2. Adam Shane says:

    My insides are tingling in anticipation!

  3. Jeanne Crawford says:

    OH, my muscles are aching just reading your schedule. It’s not for the weak hearted-for sure.

  4. Scott says:

    Amanda Fomosa Facts

    1. The chief export of Amanda Fomosa is pain.

    2. Amanda Fomosa has two speeds: Walk and Kill.

    3. Amanda Fomosa drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls.

    4. Outer space exists because it is afraid to be on the same planet as Amanda Fomosa.

    5. Amanda Fomosa is suing NBC. She claims “Law and Order” are the names of her left and right legs.

    6. When Amanda Fomosa does push-ups, she isn’t lifting herself — she’s pushing the Earth down.

    7. Amanda Fomosa doesn’t read books. She stares them down until they divulge the information she needs.

    8. Amanda Fomosa is so tough, her tears can cure cancer. But she never cries. Never.

    9. The Big Bang exploded with the force equal to one Amanda Fomosa roundhouse kick.

    10. Superman wears Amanda Fomosa underpants.

  5. Simon says:

    WOW that´s sounds amazing!! tough but worth it

  6. Greg says:

    Ruh Roh…sounds like I have a lot to look forward to. 🙂

    What is the Mandarin word for “mommy”?

  7. Mr. C says:

    There’s really only three rules to hard-core ass kicking: 1) balls; 2) eyes; and 3) the serious, present intention to do someone serious bodily harm.

    You go girl. I knew you were going places but I wasn’t sure where.

  8. Patrick says:

    KUNG FU????????

    Ok, The Kill Bill joke earlier apparently was unknowlingly dead-on target. Allow me to give you your official assassin alias, Garden Snake.

    Carry on, Grasshopper. Carry on.

  9. Mootz says:

    Damn, Gina!!! And I thought my boot camp classes at the YMCA were tough. You go girl….Scott makes me laugh…although isn’t it FormosO???

  10. Scott says:

    Arg. Yes, I see I misspelled her name through out. And now that she has been to the Jackie Chan Institute of Kung Fu Ass Kicking, she can thrash me for it.

    Why isn’t there an edit function on these comments? That will teach me to post comments late at night.

    I am going into hiding now.

  11. Stimer says:

    Amanda,

    That Kung Fu training sounds like when I went through Marine Corps bootcamp at MCRD Parris Island, SC. Did they cut your hair “baldy” style?

    Watchout for the sandfleas!!!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *