BootsnAll Travel Network



Post Pav Fest

Kelly and I made it to Northampton on Thursday! Kerry and Sophie picked us up from Heathrow and brought us to the girls’ house where we met up with everyone else. We spent the whole day sitting around chatting and catching up and trying not to fall asleep until a decent hour (hard work after the flight). It was so great seeing the girls and hanging out. I know it’s been 6 months since I was here last, but it seems like no time at all whenever we’re all back together.

Next day we had a nice relaxing day of shopping (window shopping in my case) that ended with a police chase right down the road where the girls live. We weren’t the ones being chased, but it was still exciting. We heard a crash and turned around and a car had hit another just down the road. I thought that was pretty impressive on its own, but then the first car took off towards us and we realized it was being pursued by a police car. Sophie pulled us all far back on the side walk in case the car decided to jump the curb (extra points for pedestrians, right? The guy’s already going to jail…). We were all right though and had something interesting to talk about for the next half hour. Not a bad day at all.

So Pav Fest was an experience yesterday. It was everything I had expected and then some. Why don’t we have stuff like this at UCF? I think I saw nearly every person I’ve ever met here at UCN, some I wanted to and some I didn’t. It’s all good though, it was a fantastic day and I was loving the cool weather. There were bumper cars and a scrambler and the pink checklist shirts were as fun as I thought they’d be…except in the case of 2 items, which I’m still a bit upset about.

Now we’re off to Madrid on Tuesday morning early. So, goodbye my Northampton friends and thanks for a fabulous time once again!



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *