BootsnAll Travel Network



Death of a blog

Okay, so my blog isn’t exactly dead, but my two most recent posts are! After hours of toiling over the correct imagery to use to describe the homeless Santa Claus in Miami and after sharing my personal feelings about Talk Like a Pirate Day, these posts are gone–lost in the ether of cyberspace, never to be seen again. This would be repetitive to say had my latest post not been deleted by some prepubescent dirt bag, but…life is so cruel sometimes.

Apparently, some little scumbag whose mother obviously didn’t love him enough decided it would be a good idea to hack into the BootsnAll system and completely wipe one of the servers, and five of my most recent posts along with countless others’. Luckily I was able to get three of them back using Google’s cached pages, but two of them are gone! Nooo! Why don’t I ever save a local copy?! It’s just so annoying because one of them was long and had taken me ages because the formatting was giving me fits. I tried everything I could to get it back, but Google and Yahoo!’s caches aren’t recent enough to get a copy of these posts.

That’s where you guys come in! I have one last ditch hope of finding these posts, and that’s with your temporary Internet files. I checked mine already and I don’t have a copy of the pages in question, but one of you might. If you saw either of these posts (or both, even better) and could locate them in your local files and could send them to me I would love you forever and write an entire post dedicated to expounding the sincerity of that love. Or any other topic you may request. Bar none.

To check your files, do the following. In an Internet Explorer window click on Tools –> Internet Options. In the Temporary Internet files area, click Settings. Then click View Files. In the window that opens, you can sort the files by clicking Type on the toolbar. Scroll down to the HTML files and look for one that has an address like http://bootsnall.com/Alisha. Open the files and see if any of them have a title that matches either “Highfalutin Times” or “Arr, schwab the decks!”. Please be a star and help me! Over the past few hours of nauseous searching and correspondence with the Aussie in charge of all of BootsnAll, I still haven’t been able to find these myself, but maybe one of you will have better luck.

Awww…I hate this.

I thought kids were supposed to hack their school systems to change their grades, porn sites for free access or launch missiles with video games or something. Who wants to hack a travel Web site and delete people’s cherished memories? Stupid socially-retarded punk kids…



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *